Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Travel Challenge: Day 3--An Adventure or Challenge While Traveling

My trip to Ireland was an adventure in and of itself mostly due to the fact that I hadn't experienced a country as pure as Ireland before and because of the lovely people who were in the group.

I always say that I don't have a comfort zone, but looking back on this particular trip, I can say wholeheartedly that Ireland threw me through a loop.

I've never been too much of a thrill seeker. I like to play it safe. I was content with staying at O'Brien's Tower on the Cliffs and fighting off the tornado winds (on an already cold day) that were coming our way.



However, my friends Laura, Emily and Lauren all suggested that we go to the other side of the Cliffs...and past this sign:


I may have appeared excited, but in reality, I thought I was going to faint. The further and further we walked the less people we saw, which in my book, isn't a good sign.
 
We started taking pictures, that I sometimes can't even stomach to look at because of how high up we were and how close to the edge of the CLIFFS OF MOHER we were.

We took pictures of us jumping.


We took pictures of us sitting as close to the edge of the Cliffs we could get.


We took pictures that created the illusion that we were thisclose from being one step away from our doom!


I can successfully say that Ireland gave me my first big adventure while abroad, but don't let the smile in the pictures fool you, these pictures show Naomi the "daredevil," but I was a quivering, teeth chattering, chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment