Friday, December 02, 2011

Scratching that Travel Itch!

Ugh.

I've been bitten by the travel bug and let me tell you, he got me good! 

I have such a severe travel itch right now. Seriously, I am dying to travel somewhere. It doesn't help to read about the history of Greece or see the models travel to New Zealand (I'm talking to you America's Next Top Model) because it only fuels my desire to scratch this itch THAT much more.

In front of Newgrange in Ireland. Oh how I miss thee!
If it were up to me, and if I didn't have a job, I would pack up, use my frequent flier miles and go somewhere right now.


There are plenty of place to visit in Florida that I haven't visited yet, but I'm longing to deal with the airport terminals, the long flights, the butterflies in the stomach and general sense of unknowing when you reach your destination abroad.

For now I'm quelling my travel itch with scrap booking my previous trips. Not only is it therapeutic, but it brings back millions of memories and brings out my creative side. It's either that or turn on listen to the music from the countries I visited. However, I will say that reading A Year in the World by Frances Mayes makes me feel all the better, because I can vividly see the countries she's talking about.

Adios folks! I'm going to scratch my travel itch! What do you do to satiate your appetite for traveling?

In the Alcazar in Seville!


1 comment:

  1. You should consider Yellowstone, MT that would be fun, the two of us at one with nature living the simple life my itch will be scratched when I see mom, but that isn't enough I need to go somewhere I've never been but want to go.

    ReplyDelete