Monday, December 26, 2011

#WEverb11: Revive

26. Revive

Share a favorite photo from the past year. What was happening behind the scenes? What were you thinking or feeling? What could you smell, taste, see, hear at that moment?

L to R: Myself, Andrew, Ashley and our teacher Alberto
I particularly love this picture because at this point of my life I was on the cusp of being thrusted into the real world but still had my "college student" mind frame. I had just graduated college and was going to Spain for an internship. I believe this was still within the first week of our arrival, when our Spanish professor Alberto told us that we could go on a tour of the Cruzcampo factory with the school.
Cruzcampo is Spain's national beer and owned by Heineken. I'm not much of a beer drinker (Guinness is the ONLY beer I drink) but I decided to go anyway because both Ashley and Andrew were going. We literally took a 30 minute tour of the factory and saw how the beer was made before embarking on a three hour (or maybe it was four...or five) open bar...with food!
This picture is the four of us still coherent before the drinks took over...well for me at least. I tried everything and was feeling quite nice before we boarded the bus to go back to the city. I love this picture simply because it represents a time where everything was still euphoric in my life and in Spain. A time before the many weeks of interning, looking for a job back home, tears, fears and everything else in between!
Great people, great beer, great food, great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment