Monday, December 19, 2011

#WEverb11: Laugh

19. Laugh
Tell us about your biggest belly laugh in 2011.

Janet. Working at my university's telemarketing center, things can get pretty monotone. The girls in my section were hilarious! Adriane, Naa Sika, Lauren, Luny, Sachy, Angenique and I always found someway to pass the time through jokes, stories or whatever else tickled our fancy.
One particular day, Adriane, Lauren and I were talking about unisex names before our shift. Adriane brought up her mother's name and said it could either be a man's or woman's name. What did I say to contribute to the conversation?
"My mom's name is Janet."
Lauren and Adriane both looked at each other. 
"What does that have to do with anything?" Lauren asked.
 To this day, I still have no idea why I said that. I think it was because Adriane was talking about her Mom, that it made me think of my Mom but it still had NOTHING to do with the conversation!
After Naa Sika and everyone else came in and found out, I was never able to live it down, our boss even got in on the Janet joke. It's a running joke we all have and for some reason it sounds funnier when one of them tells the story/joke instead of me! Don't worry my former coworkers, you'll get to meet Janet eventually!

Janet and I

No comments:

Post a Comment