Tuesday, December 20, 2011

#WEverb11: Plug In/Unplug

20. Plug In/Unplug
How has technology affected your life (positively or negatively) in 2011? Do you want this to continue for 2012?

I have a love hate relationship with technology. I'm fascinated by it, however at the same time I'm kind of disgusted by it. We have so much technology that we're essentially eliminating the need to do anything manually, which is an amazing yet pathetic trait within itself.
Anyone who knows me know that I'm not the most technologically savvy person. I'm the girl who recently threw away her CD player, and that's only because it was hanging on by a thread. I have never owned an iPod or mp3 player. I updated my phone to a Pantech Crux (with Internet!), not an iPhone or a Blackberry, in February because my last phone's battery life was non-existent.
I am appreciative of technology and it's ever changing ways, but part of me still wants to hold on to the antique typewriters and telephones, I did grow up in an 1800's house after all. I do plan on upping my technology game to an iPod or a Macbook one of these days. Just not anytime soon....but who knows what'll happen in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment