Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh Baby!

Mommy to be Dalia and I
On Sunday I went to my former colleague, Dalia's baby shower. Since I met her in June of 2010, I've always regarded her as my "future self." She's a few years older than me, has traveled to Spanish speaking countries (and speaks the language fluently), is a reporter and from further up North (Ohio). She's so full of life and personable, which is something that I've been steadily working on.




So of course when I found out she and her husband, Braulio were expecting a little bundle of joy, I was ecstatic! I love when people I'm close to are pregnant! She's a fabulous woman in general and I just know she'll be a fantastic mother and I'm pretty certain little miss Norah will be just like her.

The animal baby theme was too cute!

Not only was the cake cute and delicious...but I got to take
the rest home with me!
Brown rice, plantains, tomatoes, peppers Cuban beef, lettuce
and lime=YUM!

The venue  for the baby shower, a Mexican restaurant named The Lime was perfect. The food was delicious, the colors in the room coincidentally matched the theme of the shower and just had a nice atmosphere to it. This was my first baby shower and I'm so glad it was for my future self's bundle of joy. Can't wait to meet you Norah!
Three more months left!

No comments:

Post a Comment