Sunday, April 15, 2012

Adventures in tea houses, museums and beaches!

This time last week, my mom was in town and running me ragged! We traveled to places I had never been including a nice quiet beach (comparable to Clearwater Beach which I describe as the Wal Mart of beaches) in Largo, the Zora Neale Hurston Museum of Fine Arts in Eatonville and a cute French store in Ybor City. However, my favorite place to go to with dear old mom is a cute tea house.


La France in Ybor City...very quirky!
 Our tradition now is to go to the Tea Rose Cottage in Ybor City anytime she visits. It's a quaint little house and gift shop that has a delectable variety of teas and delicious tea sandwiches and "crumpets." The tearoom's atmosphere is so cozy and inviting...and exclusive! It's only open Wednesday through Saturday and their hours are from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. ONLY with reservation. Yes. Reservations are required for this joint.



Once you're in, you're in for some of the best service, best tea and best food of your life. You can get tea sandwiches, scones, desserts, sorbet and an endless supply of tea for only $18.95! Not bad right? If you even think the food won't be enough by the way it's presented (because the portions are small) trust me, you'll be full by the time dessert comes around.
My setting

The table
My mother and I. Ain't she cute?
My mom asked me, "Naomi, how did you find this place?" To be completely honest, I was leaving a nightclub in a few streets away from it and simply wrote the name down in my cellphone. Sure it's not the "classiest" way to stumble upon a delightful tea house but the important thing is is that I found it.
My friend Aditi and I
 We had a blast the last time we made reservations and we had the same great experience last Saturday. So for all you tea lovers out there, if you're in the Tampa Bay area and looking for a reason to get all dolled up, go to the Tea Rose Cottage in Ybor City. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Our meal for the day...so filling!


My mango mist tea...mmmmm
Endless pot of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment