Friday, January 21, 2011

SKINS!!!!

My name is Naomi and I'm in love after three days with a show named Skins.
No. Not the US version, the original version from the UK.

But Naomi, isn't it rather rash to say that you're in love with something only after three days?

Well...when you know you know right?

I've been meaning to watch this show for a while and just had never gotten around to it. After I saw Slumdog Millionaire and watched the interviews with Dev Patel, I became aware of it's existence and thought "well maybe I should watch the show sometime if I can find it."

Now that the US has remade it, I decided why not start with the original? Let me say this. If you think you know witty jokes and British slang and sex, drugs and cursing...you don't know jack until you've seen the UK version of Skins.

I'm still on Series 1 but the five episodes I've seen so far are HEAVEN.

I love watching a show that shows the true nature of things. Yes, cable television, people swear and no, people do not always interrupt a serious moment with jokes. Shows like The Wire and even Degrassi: The Next Generation are the type of shows I LOVE because they are a "no-holds-barred" type of show.

I saw the first episode of the US version and then watched the UK version. There is NO comparison. Skins is brilliant and the actors are very fluid with their interactions and deliverance of their lines.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some Skins to watch....

No comments:

Post a Comment