Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm an Old-Fashioned Kinda Girl

I'm in Gainesville for the weekend and while I have been domesticating myself with doing housework and cooking, I realized I'm really an old-fashioned type of girl.

I'm all for feminism and women who believe that not having children or being married is a sign of success, but I'm not a fan of putting down other women who choose to be stay-at-home mothers. That's a full-time job within itself!

Anyway, that's not the topic of this blog post. I may be old-fashioned when it comes to some issues, but when it comes to technology and bathrooms I stay stuck in the 1700's.

Yes, my main goal in life is to own an antique typewriter. I've engrained it into my mind that the only way I can validate myself as a writer is to own a typewriter. I mean, that's the essence of journalism and writing right?
courtesy of everytype.com

As far as bathrooms go, I was raised in historical houses all my life. When I lived in Kansas, we had a claw bathtub! Oh how I wish we could've taken it with us when my Dad retired.

I saw this bathtub last year when I was in Tarpon Springs for an arts festival. I would have jumped in but it had some disgusting water in it. The graffiti on it was beautiful to me though!


Gorgeous isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment