Tuesday, December 13, 2011

#WEverb11: Read

13. Read
What article or book changed your outlook on an issue or life? 
The Awakening by Kate Chopin was the book that changed how I viewed myself as a woman and the struggles we went through and still go through. It was very empowering yet saddening at the same time. In reality I read this for a book report my senior year in high school but ended up being so moved by it and Chopin it quickly became one of my all time favorite books. Chopin is definitely my favorite author and I love all of her work. Native Son by Richard Wright and The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka are right behind this book. They changed my life for the better. It's amazing to know that someone's words can have that much power of you. I only hope I can do half of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment