Monday, January 09, 2012

Trypophobia....ick!

I was on Twitter (@naomiprioleau) the other day and one of my followers said the following:

If you can look at this without scratching yourself, you aren't human.

He then posted a link and, of course my curiosity got the best of me. I clicked on the link and ICK I was thoroughly disgusted. This was the photo:


courtesy of forumplanet.gamespy.com  (This is a photoshopped image)



If your skin isn't crawling and you're not itching all over or checking to see if you have any holes growing out of your skin then congratulations you don't have trypophobia.

Urban Dictionary defines the unofficial word of trypophobia as an irrational fear of holes, pods, circles etc., resulting in an all-over itchy feeling and general discomfort. If you get chills at the sight of large open pores, strawberries or sponges you might have trypophobia.

Although it hasn't been recognized as a formal phobia by the Oxford English Dictionary or any medical officials, it is very much real for those who vomit just at the sight of coordinated holes. I'm no medical expert, but I did get the heebie-jeebies looking at this picture but I did pass (or is it fail?) the "Do You Have Trypophobia?" test. Watch the video below and see if you have it!




No comments:

Post a Comment