Friday, August 10, 2012

31 Day Reset Challenge Day 10

Write a Letter to Your Lizard Brain


I’ve been noticing you popping up at certain points in this challenge and in my life. It seems like every time I want to do something for my own happiness and growth; you show up to tear me down.

For instance, when I tried to start writing my personal statement or study for the GRE, you showed up in the form of procrastination. I wanted to see it through, but instead I sabotaged my success by watching Food Network’s “Chopped” endlessly when I could have been writing.

Another example was when I tried to change my life by going to church on a regular basis like I used to and you came along in the form of self-doubt. I knew I wanted to shift gears, but instead, you told me that you don’t have any money to tithe! Why go? Everyone will look at you like you’re a heathen since you didn’t contribute to the money basket.

So I see what you’re doing and I don’t like it. Yes, I know that you’re afraid of change. You’re afraid of what will happen if I succeed. But what you have to understand is that whatever happens in my life will work out for my good. I was put here on earth for a purpose and you are keeping me from fulfilling that potential.

Well, until now, you have.

I will no longer allow you to stop my progress in living my ideal life. So the next time I see you, I will simply give you a nod and go on about my business.

It’s been nice knowing you, but now it’s time that we part ways.

Sincerely,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment